LED Medical Diagnostics Inc. Reports 2015 Second Quarter Results
Company Achieves 106% Revenue Growth over Prior Year Period
- April 09, 2015 - The Company announced a new agreement with OrthoSynetics, a leading provider of administrative, marketing, and financial services to 350 orthodontic practices across the United States. The agreement designates the Company as the preferred imaging technology supplier for OrthoSynetics.
- April 16, 2015 - The Company announced that it is partnering with London Drugs to provide its VELscope® Vx Enhanced Oral Assessment Systems ("VELscope® Vx System" or "VELscope® Vx") for a pilot program for oral cancer screenings.
- April 21, 2015 - The Company announced that it will be serving as a strategic partner in the Oral Cancer Foundation's "Be Part of the Change" program, seeking to promote the importance of routine comprehensive oral screenings and early detection in the fight against oral cancer.
- April 30, 2015 - The Company announced that it has launched a new cloud-based imaging solution, LED Imaging Cloud. The web-based system is accessible 24 hours per day, 7 days per week from any location, allowing practitioners real-time, remote access to clinical data for their entire patient database. A solution for both 2D and 3D clinical data, LED Imaging Cloud transcends limitations on CBCT storage found in many current cloud imaging solutions on the market.
- June 15, 2015 - The Company announced an agreement that makes LED Medical subsidiary, LED Dental, the newest provider of 3Shapes 3D intraoral digital impression and desktop scanners.
- June 23, 2015 - The Company announced the launch of the new VELscope® Vx Imaging Adapter & VELscope Photo System Application from subsidiary LED Dental, delivering integration of the VELscope Vx with the Apple iPod touch®* for clinical photographic documentation and secure image sharing oral lesions.
- July 13, 2015 - The Company announced that its VELscope® Vx Enhanced Oral Assessment System has received the Pride Institute's "Best of Class" Technology Award, making 2015 the fifth consecutive year that the VELscope has received this distinction as the market-leading device for adjunctive oral screening.
- July 22, 2015 - The Company announced that it has completed a financing of CDN$1,100,000 through the issuance of 10% senior secured debentures of the Company each in the amount of CDN$10,000 (the "Debentures") and maturing after 12 months.
- August 04, 2015 - The Company announced that it has entered into a distribution agreement with 3D printer manufacturer EnvisionTec Inc., becoming a provider of EnvisionTec's 3D printing solutions to dentists, dental specialists and dental laboratories across the United States and Canada. Financial Highlights Three Month Comparative Results The Company reported revenue of US$3.3 million for the three months ended June 30, 2015 representing an increase of 106% over the same period in the prior year of US$1.6 million and an increase of 34% over the prior quarter ended March 31, 2015 of US$2.4 million. The increase in revenue was due primarily to increased sales in the Companys imaging product offering launched in fiscal 2014. Gross margin was 31% in the three months ended June 30, 2015 which was lower than the 54% gross margin in the same period in the prior year due to increased revenue contribution from the Companys new imaging product offering but higher than the 26% gross margin in the three months ended March 31, 2015. EBITDA was (US$1.1 million) for the three months ended June 30, 2015 compared to EBITDA of (US$1.4 million) in the same period in the prior year and the prior quarter ended March 31, 2015. The Company had a net loss of US$1.2 million for the three months ended June 30, 2015 compared to net income of US$83,000 in the same period in the prior year and a net loss of US$1.5 million in the prior quarter ended March 31, 2015. Six Month Comparative Results The Company reported revenue growth of 116% with US$5.7 million during the first six months of fiscal 2015 compared to US$2.6 million for the six months ended June 30, 2014. Gross margin was 29% for the six months ended June 30, 2015 compared to gross margin of 53% for the six months ended June 30, 2014. Gross margin decreased over the prior year due to increased revenue contribution attributable from the Companys imaging product offering launched in fiscal 2014. EBITDA for the six months ended June 30, 2015 was (US$2.6 million) compared to (US$2.4 million) for the six months ended June 30, 2014. The Company had a net loss of US$2.6 million and US$2.4 million during the six months ended June 30, 2015 and 2014, respectively. Financial Position as at June 30, 2015 Working capital as of June 30, 2015 was US$1.4 million including cash and cash equivalents of US$1.5 million. This is compared to net working capital of US$1.5 million as of December 31, 2014, including cash and cash equivalents of US$2.4 million. Financial Guidance for Fiscal Year 2015 The Company is reaffirming its guidance for the full fiscal year ending December 31, 2015 ("fiscal year 2015"). This guidance is intended solely to give investors an understanding of management's expectations for the full fiscal year in light of recent industry sales trends, seasonality of the business and recognition that much of the sales generated in the dental industry occur in the fourth quarter. The guidance does not take into account, or give effect for, any events that are beyond the Company's reasonable control. Fiscal Year Ending December 31, 2015 - Quantitative Guidance Revenue - $15 Million - $16 Million Financial Statements and Management's Discussion & Analysis Please see the interim condensed financial statements and related Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A) for more details. The interim condensed financial statements for the three months ended June 30, 2015 and related MD&A have been reviewed and approved by the Company's Audit Committee and Board of Directors. The Company has prepared this truncated news release to alert investors to its results and that a more detailed explanation and analysis is readily available in the MD&A. These reports have been filed on SEDAR at www.sedar.com and also posted to www.ledmd.com. Non-IFRS Measures The preceding discussion of financial results includes references to Gross Margin, EBITDA and Working Capital, which are non-IFRS financial measures and may not be directly comparable to other issuers. The measure of Gross Margin is defined as revenue less cost of sales and is provided as management believes this is a good indicator in evaluating the operating performance of the Company. EBITDA is defined as net loss and comprehensive loss exclusive of interest; income taxes; depreciation; amortization; finder's warrants issuance costs; stock-based compensation; deferred share unit compensation; mark to market adjustments on Canadian dollar denominated warrants; foreign exchange gain or loss; and other income. The measure of Working Capital defined as current assets less current liabilities is provided as management believes this is a good indicator of the operating liquidity available to the Company. About LED Medical Diagnostics Inc. Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada, LED Medical Diagnostics Inc., through its wholly-owned subsidiaries LED Dental Inc. and LED Dental Ltd, provide dentists and oral health specialists with advanced diagnostic imaging products and software, in addition to the award-winning VELscope® Vx tissue fluorescence visualization technology. Backed by an experienced leadership team and dedicated to a higher level of service and support, LED Dental is committed to providing dental practitioners with the best technology available by identifying and adding leading products to its growing portfolio. The Company is currently listed on the TSX Venture Exchange (TSX-V) under the symbol LMD, the OTCQX under the symbol LEDIF, as well as the Frankfurt Stock Exchange under the symbol LME. For more information, call 844.952.7327 or visit www.leddental.com/investor-relations.
David Gane, CEO
Phone: 604-434-4614 x227
Forward Looking Statement
This press release contains statements which, to the extent that they are not recitations of historical fact, may constitute forward-looking information under applicable Canadian securities legislation that involve risks and uncertainties. Such forward-looking statements or information include statements regarding, but not limited to the Company's future growth strategy, its distribution strategy and product offerings, potential expansion of the Company's technology to other medical applications or markets, or the potential introduction of new technologies by the Company. Persons reading this press release are cautioned that such statements or information are only predictions, and that the Corporation's actual future results or performance may be materially different. Factors that could cause actual events or results to differ materially from those suggested by these forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to competition risks, distributor risks, product development risks such as regulatory, design, intellectual property and other factors described in the Corporation's reports filed on SEDAR including its Annual Information Form and financial report for the year ended December 31, 2014. These and other factors should be considered carefully and readers should not place undue reliance on such forward-looking information. All forward-looking statements made in this press release are qualified by this cautionary statement and there can be no assurance that actual results or developments anticipated by the Company will be realized. The Company disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise forward-looking information, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.